Slow Cooker Dog Food Recipe
Posted on 07 May 2019
Intern Chef Kota's is here with a wonderful recipe for dog food that can be made in the slow cooker.
Beautiful spring weather means more trips to the dog park and longer walks. Because of this, your human might have less time for making homemade pet treats and food. Here’s an easy slow cooker dog food recipe that will ready when everyone gets home.Homemade Slow Cooker Dog Food
- 2 1/2 pounds ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or lamb)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped butternut squash,
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen or canned
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, plus 4 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours.
- Let cool. Serve fresh or keep in the fridge.
This recipe freezes well, just make sure that it’s separated into 1-2 cup portions before freezing.